“Online Services” means services offered by DataScan through the Website or any future digital distribution platforms (such as a website or software program) or other forms of media not yet developed.
“DataScan” means DataScan Technologies LLC and DataScan Field Services LLC.
“We,” “us,” and “our” refer to DataScan, its affiliates, agents, and service providers or any authorized assignee of the foregoing.
“You” and “User” shall refer to all individuals or entities accessing the Website or any Online Services for any reason.
2. Types of Data Collected. By accessing the DataScan Website, we may collect certain types of data, which are listed below.
a) We may collect the following data automatically:
• Referring website;
• GeoIP information;
• IP address of the device you are using;
• Browser type and operating system;
• Page or service you are requesting;
• Browsing history on the Website;
• Referring and exit pages;
• Date/time stamp; and
• Clickstream data.
b) We also collect personal information that you may voluntarily provide, such as:
• Your name, email, telephone number and any additional information you enter into any online forms;
• The contents of any communications that you send us; and
• Any other information you may enter into any online forms or provide to us through our Website.
3. Use of Collected Data. We may use the information collected on the Website for any of the following purposes:
• To provide the products and services that you request;
• To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you;
• To develop new products and services, conduct analysis, and enhance current products and services;
• To review the usage and operations of our Website and improve our content, products, and services;
• To customize your Website experience including by displaying relevant content;
• To contact you with informational and promotional materials from us;
• To use your data in an aggregated or anonymous format for analytical and demographic purposes;
• To address problems with the Website or our business;
• To manage our communications networks;
• To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business; and
• As otherwise described to you.
4. Sharing of Collected Data. We may share the collected Website data as follows: (i) with our affiliated companies under the JM Family Enterprises brand; (ii) to our third-party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us; (iii) to respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement or regulatory agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law; and (iv) as described to you at the point of collection.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
• Understand how you navigate our Website;
• Serve relevant advertisements to Users on affiliated or unaffiliated websites;
• Better analyze and measure the performance of our Website and Website content; or
• As described in Section 7 below.
6. Delete/Reject Cookies. Most browsers are automatically set up to accept cookies. Through your browser, you may delete or reject cookies. Keep in mind, you might not be able to use certain features on the Website.
8. Do Not Track Disclosures. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” request or signal to websites you visit. Note, however, that our systems may not recognize some or all “Do Not Track” requests, signals, or similar tools and settings.
10. Security. DataScan takes reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. Once information is submitted, we use security policies and technologies designed to help safeguard against loss, theft, unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, and disclosure.
Because no data transmission is entirely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Website, you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit or use the Website, including without limitation your personal information or other information.
If you elect to store information, such as your personal information or other information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If a computer, mobile device, or other device that contains your personal information or other information is lost or stolen, it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
In the unlikely event that we believe the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile, or other device.
11. Children’s Privacy. Our Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) years, nor do we market our products or services to such children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. Our products and services are not available to anyone who is not of legal age to sign a fully enforceable contract. In most states, a person must be at least 18 years of age to sign a fully enforceable contract.